Break Free


The past few years have taught me a valuable lesson, always have a goal.  Keep moving forward by opening your mind, connecting with your partner, and spending time with people who you love and love you back unconditionally.  Life is fluid, but I’m amazed how we fight that motion.  We express where we want to be, or what we want to do and how much money we require, but then that is where the flow comes abruptly to a halt.  We build dams to keep all of our goals and dreams caged. There are millions of websites, and blog posts on why we stifle ourselves from moving forward.  Two sites that quickly come to mind are Marc and Angel Hack Life and Tiny Buddha.  Both are great sources of insight, motivation and information.

What is the first step towards living your dream? You need to commit. But more importantly you need to embrace your breaking point.  I will use myself as an example.  There was a period of time in my life where I was toxic.  My environment was toxic. I did my best to move forward, but it was useless. I needed to accept that I was in trouble.  Once I did that, I needed to act.  This element took years.  I am talking years, and years, before I was ready.  Mentally, I was paralyzed.  I had an idea of what life could become but I allowed every negative thought to break apart that vision.

The few friends that knew what I was going through did their best to counsel me.  But their words while comforting were drowned out by my “logic”. I could not fathom how I could change my situation. I was so absorbed by my environment that the fear of moving, crippled me. Then one day a good friend (who definitely had heard enough of me going on and on) took a sip of her wine and said, “When you are ready, you won’t need to talk to anyone. You will just do it, because you’ve finally made up your mind.”

She was right.

The moment the dam burst, was an ugly day and event in my life. But I figure that the Universe had gotten tired of me stalling. From that moment, what I believed to be an impossible and unhealthy situation, shifted. Looking back I can remember fragments, words, actions, the talks, and the healing. While many of those memories are blurred, my commitment to a healthy and positive resolution never waned.  It was my sole focus. I refused to allow negative thoughts to infiltrate. Trust me, they tried. My vision became my reality. And if I am to be completely honest, it turned out better than I could have imagined.

Out of the numerous lessons I learned by this experience, one stands out. Take the moment the dam shatters as a gift. Run with it and the necessary work, actions and “right” situations will align themselves. Jump over, break though and smash any hurdles that come your way. Your job is to remain focused. And, stay positive.  

Comments

Popular Posts