Older But Not Much Wiser
|Photo taken by Ash Nayler from Ash Nayler Photography|
I planned on writing this post a while ago, two years and three months ago to be exact. My heartfelt intention to share what I know to be true about me at age 40 did not happen. I thought about writing, but I produced nada! 40 turned into 41, then 42 came creeping by and now here we are, you and me. 42 ½ years old and I am not much wiser about the world around us. In fact when it comes to how people treat each other, their words and actions, my “what the hell” bucket continuously overfills. So let’s back off the world today and focus closer to home. Let’s talk about me. While I still have to give my head a shake on the numerous things that I say and do, there are a few truths that I know for sure.
- I procrastinate. 2 ½ years between blog posts. Enough said.
- When I decide to take action I focus only on the outcome that I want. Learning to drive, PFP, moving forward.
- I have no patience for ignorance. We live in a society that can provide real time information. We have unlimited access to education. There is absolutely no reason for not opening your mind.
- I love my family, immediate and extended. Immediate - people and cat that live in my house. Many of my friends are included in this love fest. I surround myself with people that I trust. Trust, loyalty and safety are core attributes for me. Do yourself a favour, if you have these types of folks in your life please cherish them.
- I am and will always be a geek. My number one on my newly created bucket list: Attend Comic-con. Actually, it's the only thing I have on the list.
- I am my worst critic. So the blah, blah, blah of others never comes close to how hard I judge myself. It’s a work in progress.
I’ll stop there and leave you with this; age and wisdom are not necessarily friends. Take the time to figure out who you are, while learning to accept, embrace and love your uniqueness.
I want to hear from you. What do you know to be true about yourself?