Simply Perfect



What does perfection mean to you? Is it a moment of solitude, or a glass of wine while listening to your favourite musician, or something completely different?

Would you consider yourself a perfectionist? What does that truly mean?

A few words from Merriam-Webster OnLine Dictionary on the word “Perfect”

· Main Entry: 1per·fect
· Date: 14th century1 a : being entirely without fault or defect : flawless : satisfying all requirements : accurate c : corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept : faithfully reproducing the original; specifically : letter-perfect e : legally valid2 : expert, proficient 3 a : pure, total b : lacking in no essential detail : complete c obsolete : sane d : absolute, unequivocal e : of an extreme kind :



There are numerous individuals who believe that perfection is unattainable by mere mortals. That only an omniscient maker has the ability to attain perfection within themselves and all that they set forth to accomplish.

On the other side of the spectrum, are those who will toss the word Perfect around causally and flippantly.

To believe someone to be perfect is to face a certain fact. You are subjective. Perfection is subjective. Perfection lies in the eyes of the beholder. To me, perfection is pure, it is total, and it lacks nothing and encompasses everything. It may be a single moment when all is right with the world, and for once I have stopped long enough to realize the beauty that surrounds me. I find perfection when Emma rests her head on my shoulder and hugs me tightly. I view perfection on the website Fuel Your Photography, where each article provides insight, beauty and displays a deep love of art through photographs and words.

On occasion I have been labeled a perfectionist. It was never meant to be a compliment by those who sported with me the label. I find the term hilarious, especially when associated to me. I am far from a perfectionist. The intricate aspects, tasks, or thoughts that account for my life are far from ideal. I do believe that when you are performing a task, it is imperative to complete it to your ultimate satisfaction. Not the satisfaction of others. If you spend your entire life trying to please someone else, you will waste most of the valuable time you have on this planet.

How do I define my ultimate satisfaction? I find peace in my completed project. My mind is sated and I am happy.

Comments

Popular Posts